VTV Family Outreach Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established by the families and survivors impacted by the April 16, 2007 tragedy at Virginia Tech. Determined to prevent a similar tragedy, VTV’s mission is to advocate for stronger K-12 and campus safety. While we celebrate many achievements since that tragic day, we remember those lost and strive to do more in their honor.
We’ve assembled a passionate board of directors and a robust national advisory council, who are supported by our experienced staff. One of our flagship programs, the 32 National Campus Safety Initiative, has their own Advisory Council that further strengthens and enriches our Foundation.
- Make new connections through our deep & committed network
- Change laws to increase school safety
- Develop programs to improve safety practices
- Create expert training programs
- Raise safety awareness through media
- Deploy VTV teams to support victims in need
- Bring people together with a team approach for real change
There are many organizations and non-profits focused on one issue of school or campus safety. We need these organizations to keep up their great work. VTV is the first organization focused on tying together ALL the issues that make up school and campus safety because that is what we think is missing to make schools safe for all.
VTV focuses on actionable changes that are proactive to creating better public safety.