VTV Family Outreach Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established by the families and survivors impacted by the April 16, 2007 tragedy at Virginia Tech. Determined to prevent a similar tragedy, VTV’s mission is to advocate for common sense action such as strengthening the nation’s background check system, which is why we have launched Campaign 32.
While we celebrate many achievements since that tragic day, we remember those lost and strive to do more in their honor.
We’ve assembled a passionate board of directors and a robust national advisory council, who are supported by our experienced staff in order to bring people together to create a safer society. One of our flagship programs, the 32 National Campus Safety Initiative, has their own Advisory Council that further strengthens and enriches our Foundation.
Our Program Goals
- Make new connections through our deep and committed network
- Push to get existing public safety laws properly implemented
- Develop programs to improve safety practices
- Work to pass new laws to enhance our safety
- Raise awareness of our programs through the media
- Help victims of mass shooting, with a particular focus on long-term trauma
- Bring people together to create real change
Our Outreach Requests
- Spread the word to your personal networks about our mission and our agenda
- Encourage people to support us in letters to the editor and on social media
- Attend our events
- Contact us to get our help in creating events on our behalf
- Click here to donate $3.20, $32, $132, or $320 to show your support
Your active involvement is essential to our success. Join us in campaigning for 32.